The start of a new year is always an excellent time to re-commit to transforming your life.
Have you reflected on what changes you are committed to making this year? You can ignite your passion and experience a more vibrant existence by making changes now.
Use these tips to start making changes today:
1. Live Healthy. Healthy living starts with eating well, regular exercise, and getting proper sleep. Take care of your teeth, hair, and skin. Feeling good about your body boosts your self-esteem. Of course, you need to be healthy, have lots of energy to be productive.
- Let yourself get excited about the changes you’re making regarding your body and overall health.
2. Read More. Although you may prefer other activities, reading is one pastime that expands your mind in many ways. Focus on reading about topics you enjoy or want to learn more about.
- If you love to travel, read travel guides and stories set in the places you’d like to visit.
- If you adore your dog, read about the breed, dog training techniques, and how to care for your pooch’s health.
- Also do read about personal development, fiction and any other thing that interest you.
Expanding your intellectual horizons will help you become a more knowledgeable person who has plenty of interesting things to say at dinner parties and other places.
One of my goals this year is to read one good book a week. That will be 52 books by the end of the year. That will amount to massive reading, and massive load of knowledge I would have acquired by the end of the year.
No, don’t scream. This is very easy to do. With a good speed-reading tool you can read as many books with ease.
Alternatively, you can get your books in audio format. Audiobooks.com and Audible.com have almost every published book in audio format.
The important thing is to commit yourself to deepening your knowledge by reading and/or listening to audios of good books throughout the year. Make it a habit, and your life will be far more fulfilling.
3. A Date a Week: Yes, each week, have a date with the love of your life. Dates are meant to enhance your closeness and make your relationship stronger. They also add an element of fun to your partnership and indeed, to your life.
- Whether it’s a Tuesday evening pizza and movie at home or a Saturday night dinner followed by dancing, spend special time each week with your partner. Re-ignite the fires of passion and change your lives for the better.
4. Keep Your Priorities Straight. If your priorities are family, work, and self, be sure to consider each one when you’re making decisions. The key is to set your priorities and be aware of them.
- Start this year by behaving in ways that demonstrate your priorities. Maintain your focus on what’s important to you throughout the year.
- When your existence matches your priorities, you’ll be more passionate about what you’re doing at home, in the workplace, and on your own.
5. Do Something You Haven’t Done Before. Nothing gets the juices flowing like engaging in a novel activity. Will it be that ten-day trip to Europe you’ve wanted to take or finally moving into those new condos with the fitness center and swimming pool?
- Run the marathon, or go mountain-climbing or sky-diving, or walk on hot coal. Learn a new language.
- Give yourself the opportunity to do something new this year. As Jack Canfield will say, release the brakes and get out of your comfort zone.
You’ll discover that life is more exciting. You’ll create more passion in your life. You’ll also raise your sense of self-empowerment when you finally say to yourself: “Oh, I can do that.”
6. Put Your Best Foot Forward at Work. If you’ve reached the point where you’re bored with work, it’s up to you to spice it up. Strive to excel at your job this year. Volunteer for that new project, take on new challenges, or simply expand your efforts each day. Exceed expectations. Learn new skills, or acquire new work-related training and certification.
- Skip the gossip sessions at the water cooler. Offer extra help to your supervisor when she looks like she could use it. To quote Canfield again, drop out of the “ain’t it awful” club at your work place.
- Document your efforts and when the chance for a promotion comes, step up. Be confident and let the boss know why you’re the best person for the job.
Resolve to make this year your best ever, starting now. You’ll soon discover that you’re feeling more vibrant and passionate in all aspects of your life. Happy New Year!